Friday, February 27, 2009
HELP!!!
Has anyone had a child that hates everything? I guess they say you never get 2 easy children. When we brought Madilyn home from the hospital she slept in her crib from the first night, loved her swing and her bouncer seat. Ayla hates her crib, hates the bouncer and hates her swing. WHAT DO I DO? She is happy and will sleep as long as someone is holding her but screams bloody murder otherwise. So I've been sleeping in the recliner with her either in my arms (supported by the boppy) or on my chest. I cant continue to do this! I dont want her to get in the habit of doing this, and once I go back to work (in 4 more weeks) I'm going to actually need to get some sleep....instead of 4 hours each night. If she were older I'd let her cry it out a little, but she's just too young for that. Anyone have any advice for me??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Try the car seat. Rylie did that too. The car seat was the cure all. We eventually broke her of it, which took only 2 nights. She was almost 5 months when we broke her. I always tried to weigh the options: A) everyone gets sleep and we break a bad habit later or B) no one sleeps and we are all miserable....
I chose A and will do the same with our next one someday! - Hope it works!
My friend had trouble with this. When she changed into her pajamas at night, she would take her shirt that she wore all day and either swaddle the baby or put it in his crib (safely) so he could smell her, She said it worked wonders. Who knows if it will work with Ayla, but I thought I would mention an idea to you. Good luck. Your sleep is so important. I remember nights like that with Ella. She was like Madilyn though...pretty easy most of the time. Hang in there.
Does she like vibration? Our bassinet had a vibrator on it, as well as a night light, and soothing music. Sometimes that was enough to calm her. You are so welcome to borrow the bassinet. We won't need it for another year or so.
Hire a nanny who can hold the baby all day long. Haha.
I have heard the car seat thing works...
I have also heard about swaddling with a clothing item.
Have you tried either of those?
Oh my goodness. I feel so bad and wish I could come up and help for a night!
I noticed little Grant didn't like going into his cribs when his sheets were cold and after we were holding him so he was warm. So for a little while I started putting his blanket in the dryer right before his last bottle. Then when he was done eating, the blanket was warm from the dryer and I would put that down and let little Grant sleep on that.
Can't hurt to try.
Post a Comment