Monday, December 22, 2008
Pregnancy update
I'm realizing that I havent really given much of a pregnancy update in quite some time. 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor and informed her that I have been in some pain lately and just very uncomfortable. Think about how your muscles feel after working out after not working out for quite some time. Well, that is pretty much how my pelvic bone feels all the time now along with a ton of pressure. Come to find out, the baby is breech, which according to her, causes 20 times more pain......which now explains my pain and discomfort. Obviously, when a baby is head down they are constantly kicking you in the stomach and often in the ribs. Well, when a baby is breech, you get kicked in the crotch...over and over and over again! So anyway, the doctor gave me an option where they could try to turn the baby. Basically she says I had (at that time) a few more weeks to see if the baby would turn on its own, but after that, there is no room for the baby to turn. So, she told me that it would take 2 doctors and they would basically man-handle my belly, twisting and turning in an effort to turn the baby around. Not wanting to have a c-section, this sounded like a great idea. Sure, maybe I'd be in some pain, but it would be worth it in order to avoid surgery. She also reassured me by saying she has had much success with this. HOWEVER, I have sinced talked to several people, all of which who have had nothing positive to say about this experience. Many people have said that they attempted to turn the baby, then the baby turned back on its own and ended up in emergency c-section anyway. I'm starting to lean more toward a scheduled c-section, if this baby doesnt turn on its own. After listening to everything that people have told me about this, my thought is that it will be better to have a scheduled c-section (low stress & anxiety) as oppose to having to have an emergency which causes much stress on the baby and a longer recovery for me. We go back to the doctor tomorrow (Tuesday) where we will get another ultra sound. THe doc wants to see exactly how the baby is positioned. She said she'd also take a peek to verify the gender again. I plan on asking her a ton of questions and addressing all my concerns with her, now that I know a little bit more about this. I'll keep you all posted!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment