Sunday, June 28, 2009

Busy weekend

I know I've been really bad with posting pics. We were given a new camera, and I still have not downloaded the software yet. So eventually I will do that and then I will have a TON of pictures to post.
Relay for Life was this weekend (Sat/Sun).....which in itself always makes for a busy weekend. But on top of that, Alissa was home and I had some girlfriends over Saturday night for a little mini-bachelorette party for her. Since 70% of the girls were either pregnant or nursing, it was a very mellow evening. But its always good to catch up with old friends. Jessica Banker was also in town (one of the pregnant girls) and her mom had a surprise baby shower for her on Sunday. After the shower, I had a graduation party to go to.....found out that good friends of ours may be moving closer to home in the near future which is always good to hear. Its not that they live out of state, but they do live on the west side, so we dont get to see them very often. Its odd how children change things. If it were just the 2 of us, a trip to the west side wouldnt seem like such a big deal. But when your packing up kids and trying to coordinate schedules, it just makes it quite difficult. So it will be nice to have them 20 minutes away (which seems to be the plan). I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life and even more so that our husbands all seem to get along so well!
Another wonderful childhood friend has also been in town for a couple weeks. Her and her family all came over last Tuesday to cook out. Its always so much fun getting us all together.....seems like we've never been apart! We actually had to tear Dave and Christian apart at the end of the night for them to leave. Again...totally blessed to have such great friends!!
Anyway, maybe this next weekend will be less eventfull.....although its 4th of July weekend, so probably not!!! I'm off to bed!

No comments: