Yep, that's right! Madilyn is going to be a big sister! We found out 2 days before we left for Myrtle Beach. It was really hard to keep it a secret, but we wanted to be able to tell everyone when we got back. And, just as before, Dave thought it was too good to be true and wanted me to take another pregnancy test!! So we went to Myrtle Beach and had a wonderful relaxing vacation. Madilyn loved the beach and kept wanting to go back in the ocean to "find Nemo." My Uncle Kevin, Aunt Denise and cousin Michelle were there the same week we were. Michelle, who is 8 just loved playing with Madilyn and really kept her occupied. Maddie is very fond of "Shell." Here is the link to our Myrtle Beach pics.... http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=234014951/a=39246617_39246617/fromupload=true/imagecount=69/videocount=0/t_=39246617
So we came back on Saturday night, I took another test on Sunday morning and told our parents on Sunday afternoon. They were so excited and we all feel completely blessed! I don't think Maddie really understands it yet, but she's been around several babies and seems to love them all! When she met baby Colin she was always so concerned when he would cry and loved to rock him when he was in his carrier. Then, when she met baby Maya, she was so excited and so impressed that "baby Maya has toes too!" I'm sure she'll start to realize (at least a little) as time goes on and mommies belly gets bigger. I'm 6 weeks along and I have my first doctor's appointment on July 10th. I got through vacation feeling good, and yesterday was my first day with nausea.......I forgot how "GREAT" pregnancy can be! :-) I started my morning off (yesterday and today) with ginger ale and a preggie pop! YUM!
11 comments:
Congratulations!! That is soooo exciting! :)
Congratulations! You guys sure are fertile!
Hee-Hee I'm laughing at Susie's comment. Sanjay and I are soooooooo EXCITED for you, Dave, and Maddie! YAAAAAY!!!!
What great news!! Ben, Ella, and I are so excited for you and your family! Madilyn will be a great big sister! Congratulations!
Congrats Mealy family! Children are such a blessing from God. He's chosen you to love another one of his children. WOW!
Maddie looks like such a big girl in your vacation pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast! You are glowing already!
YAY!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and I can't wait to find out if Maddie will have a sister or brother!!!
Congrats to the Mealy family! Maddie must be so excited. She looks so adorable on your vacation. The baby business is sure booming!
We are so excited for you guys! Maddies will be a great big sister and having 2 is so much fun:)
XOXO - Jamie, Kevin, Aidan & Colin
congrats! Maya is going to have another bestfriend to play with!
Make sure you remember to remind Maddie that I will get her an icecream cone when we go to the zoo!
Congratulations Mealy's! Such a blessing to have #2 on the way! BTW, Maddie is ADORABLE!
Marla Piccolino (Long)
Post a Comment