Monday, February 25, 2008

Its that time of year....

Thursday night, Maddie woke up gasping for air and as if she were choking. This was my sign that she would end up with croup! As scary as it sounds, that is exactly what she did the last 2 times she started with croup. Sure enough, she continued to cough and woke up with croup on Friday morning. She's a fighter though! This cold has not effected her eating habbits or her energy level at all! Other than the fact that she sounds aweful and has a constant runny nose, she's completely herself.

Maddie is now talking in small sentances!! I dont know if I shared this already or not, but it was the sweetest moment ever!!!! Madilyn looked up at me the other day and said..."mama, kiss me!" My heart completely melted! As mothers, those are the moments that mean so much!!! Its not whether or not they know their ABC's, or can count or walk or any of those things. Its when they can completly express their love for you with hugs and kisses and those sweet words.....MAMA KISS ME!!!

Last night I couldnt hold in my laughter when we were talking and I was trying to get her to put her pajamas on. I had told her it was time to put pj's on. Maddie said no. (maddie hates to change clothes!!) SO then I said, "Madilyn, its time to get ready for bed and put on the jammies." Madilyn responds with "I said no!" Now we all know thats not necessarily something you want to laugh at, as they tend to repeat things that people respond to. HOWEVER.....when she's just staring to talk in sentences and THAT comes out of her mouth.....how do you not laugh!!! Gee, I wonder where she heard those words from????? :-)

2 comments:

Alissa said...

OMG! She has croup again! Poor little girl! I can't believe she is talking so much- I can't wait to see her this weekend!!!!!!!

Nicole and Sanjay said...

AWE poor baby. I hope she is feeling better soon. I love that she said "kiss me mama" that is so precious!